Precision Machined Components
PMi2’s high-end machining and fabrication equipment, combined with our exceptional workforce talent, provides unparalleled precision and quality. PMi2’s focus on process control and continuous improvement extends throughout the company. From quotation to delivered product, our goal is to provide you with the highest and most consistent quality possible.
With a 30″ swing our CNC turning center gives us some of the largest turning capacity in the region. Our wire and sinker EDM systems provide ultra-high precision even in exotic materials such as pure tungsten, pure nickel, and multiple grades of copper. We have a fully stocked machining and fabrication shop complete with CNC and manual equipment to provide whatever milling, turning, grinding and welding your project will need.
PMi2 also offers a wide range of value-added services meant to save you both time and money, and to reduce your worries. We do micro and precision welding, laser marking, blasting and peening, painting, polishing, and heat treating. In addition, our proprietary parts cleaning process ensures that you receive the cleanest parts possible.
For jobs requiring significant secondary operations, or for larger production volumes, our robotic work stations can reduce the leadtime from weeks to just days.
- Turning Overview
- Roll & Shaft Manufacturing
- Production Mill-Turn
- PMi2 turns a wide range of parts from miniature electronic components to large shafts and rolls
- CNC turning centers with swings from 10 in. to 35 in.
- Machine cutting length capacity from SL10 10 in. to 120 in.
- CNC programs can be generated directly from cad models using CamWorks computer-aided manufacturing software
- Multi-spindle, live turning, and bar-feeding capabilities
- Wide range of materials including stainless and carbon steel, aluminum alloys, titanium, tool steels, inconel, and other high nickel alloys
- Hard turning capabilities
- Custom gauging for production machining orders
- CMM, metrology, and inspection capabilities
- All of our gauging is traceable in INST
- Part inspection or reverse-engineering using our CNC CMM equipment
- Other specialty inspection equipment includes:
- CNC contour trace machine
- Optical comparators
- Rockwell hardness testers
- Microscribe arm type CMM
- Climate controlled gauge room
- Profilometers for checking surface finishes
- Roll Grinding
- Cylindrical Grinding
- Surface Grinding
- CNC Milling Overview
- 3 and 4 axis CNC mill capabilities
- Parts machined directly from cad models using CamWorks computer-aided manufacturing software
- Machine travels up to 22 by 40 by 28 inches
- Bridge mill capabilities coming soon
Value Added Services
- Surface finishing operations via PMi2’s business partners:
- Black oxide
- Nickel plating
- PVD and CVD coatings
- Plasma coating
- Glass beading and sandblasting of parts
- Laser marking
- Proprietary parts cleaning process
- Custom packaging – pictures of packaging
- Mechatronic assemblies
- Heat treatment
- Tooling design and debugging services
- Solid modeling and drafting services